Absentee voting begins Oct. 8 at Dallas County Auditor’s Office
Dallas County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Julia Helm has announced that absentee ballots for the Nov. 6, 2018 General Election will be available to be voted on beginning on Oct. 8 in the Dallas County Auditor’s Office.
Absentee ballots may be cast during regular office hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, until Monday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m. in the Dallas County Auditor’s Office at 210 N 10th St., Adel.
In addition, below is a list of satellite voting dates and locations for early voting:
- 2-8 p.m. Oct. 25 at Perry Public Safety, 908 Willis Ave. Perry
- 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Oct. 18, 22, 23, 25; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Oct. 27; 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Nov. 3 at Dallas County Auditor’s Office, 210 N 10th St. Adel
- 2 - 8 p.m. Oct. 18 at St. Boniface Catholic Church, 1200 Warrior Ln. Waukee
- 2 - 8 p.m. Oct. 22 at Ignite Sports and Fitness, 200 SE 37th St, Suite 100 Grimes
- 2 - 8 p.m. Oct. 23 at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 7075 Ashworth Rd. West Des Moines
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Oct. 27 at Heartland Presbyterian Church, 14300 Hickman Rd. Clive
Absentee ballots must be requested in writing. Forms are available at the Auditor’s Office and on the Iowa Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.iowa.gov. Ballots returned through the mail must be postmarked by midnight, Nov. 5. The Auditor encourages those returning their ballots via the postal service to mail them before Nov. 1.
All requests for ballots to be mailed must be received by the Auditor’s Office by 5 p.m. on Oct. 27.
For more information about the Nov. 6 General Election, contact the Dallas County Auditor’s office at 515-993-6914 or at https://www.dallascountyiowa.gov/.