Willis Avenue residence suffers smoke, water damage from Monday fire

Staff Report
The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire on Monday, July 16 at 425 Willis Ave. PHOTO BY ALLISON ULLMANN/THE PERRY CHIEF

The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire on Monday, July 16 at 425 Willis Ave.

The call came in at 5 p.m. and the fire department was paged at 5:01 p.m. Fire Chief Chris Hinds said the fire crew was on the scene from 5:08 to 9:20 p.m.

The fire was caused by an electrical overload in the wall of an upstairs bedroom at the Amie Sue Boudereau residence, according to Hinds.

The fire damage was confined to the bedroom, Hinds said, although the remainder of the residence suffered severe smoke and some water damage.