The Bluejays saw another intense battle on their home field this time taking on Dallas Center-Grimes but unfortunately falling late 14-13. Head Coach Matt Hardy said he told his team, once again, that there was nothing to hang their heads about. There were several defining moments during this particular game, but it was very evident that Perry had a very successful first half and DCG saw their success in the second.

In the first quarter the Bluejays got their momentum from a defensive play made to take down the Mustang’s quarterback and set them back several yards. After DCG failed to gain any more yards, the Bluejays took over on the 17 yard line. From there Kaleb Olejniczak made the longest pass of the game to Kato Dougan that went for 21 yards. Justin Stammer was the one to carry the ball several yards further to help secure another first down. Finally, at fourth and one yard Olejniczak runs it in for the first Perry touchdown of the night.

The next key plays happened in the second quarter and also favored the Bluejays, but this time on the defensive side. With Perry gaining yards once again, there was a slip up halfway through the second quarter that resulted in a fumble and DCG took over on the 20 yard line. Perry was not going to let the Mustangs advance much further. The Bluejays tackled DCG on the 46 yard line to leave their opponents at third and 20 followed by a Wilber Ramirez and Cole Snyder take down on the 48 yard line.

With their opponent’s still not on the scoreboard in the third quarter, Perry scored another touchdown thanks to Stammer running the ball in with five minutes left. Unfortunately the extra point was no good and DCG retaliated with two touchdowns of their own in the fourth quarter. Both of the extra points for the Mustangs were good and Perry saw a heart breaking ending.

Coach Hardy says the team will spend the weekend going over film as per usual and continue to get better at practice before taking on Webster City next Friday, Sept. 28.