• St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Perry will award its Human Needs Grants in December, 2013. Qualified groups intending to apply should request a copy of grant criteria from St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, P.O. Box 386, Perry, Iowa 50220. Phone 515-465-3468 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Grant requests must be received in the church on or before Dec. 6.
Friday, Nov. 1
• Veterans Fair and open house, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Point of Grace Church, 305 NE Dartmoor Dr., Waukee. This event is open to all central Iowa Veterans. Bring your discharge documents, and meet with representatives from the VA Hospital, Iowa Veterans Cemetery and various other organizations. For more information contact Ed Vos, Director, Dallas County Veterans Commission, (515)-993-5809 , email@example.com.
• Perry Rotary Club annual benefit, cash bar and silent auction from 5:30-6:30 p.m. dinner at 6:30 p.m., live auction at 7:15 p.m., Perry Elks Lodge, 2823 Willis Ave. Tickets are $25.
Saturday, Nov. 2
• 35th annual William Bell Memorial Tuba and Euphonium Day concert, 4 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 1100 3rd St., Perry
• Bouton Breakfast, 7-10 a.m., Bouton Community Center. All you can eat and drink of sausage, ham, eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, toast, coffee, milk and orange juice. Bake sale items available. Adults: $7, children 5-12: $5.
• Thank You! Party for Brian Parker and Betty Thomas of Parker’s Flowers, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Clarion Room, 1102 Willis Ave.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• Grand opening of Rippey Community Room, 3-5 p.m., Rippey Public Library, 306 Main St., Rippey. The public is invited to attend along with all persons and businesses who contributed to the project, including members of the Greene County Board of Supervisors, the Rippey Mayor, and Rippey City Council members, current and former Rippey Library trustees and current and former librarians.
Monday, Nov. 4
• Better Choices, Better Health workshops, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Dallas County Hospital Board Room. This free interactive workshop meets weekly for six weeks and helps people with health conditions learn how to take control of their health. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call Jane at 515.465.7628 or visit us online at www.dallascohospital.org/better-choices.cfm.
Tuesday, Nov. 5
• Perry Area Chamber of Commerce’s annual election day chili feed, 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 1224 Lucinda St.
Friday, Nov. 8
• "Animal Sounds" with Critter Cindy, 10:30 a.m., Perry Public Library Community Room. Free and open presentation by Dallas County Conservation Naturalist Cindy Blobaum, who will teach demonstrate how to hear and identify animal sounds in a family-friendly, hands-on program.
Monday, Nov. 11
• Free Veterans’ breakfast, 6-10 a.m., Hy-Vee Food Store in Perry. All US Veterans, including National Guard and active-duty service persons, are welcome to enjoy a free breakfast as Hy-Vee’s token of thanks for your service.
Tuesday, Nov. 12
• Weebly website design class, 6:30 p.m., Perry Public Library Community Room. The public is invited to this free class, taught by Perry City Clerk Cory Eastman, that will demonstrate how to build a website.