A house at 208 East First Street was destroyed by a fire on Friday afternoon. No injuries were caused by the fire and two dogs were saved from the home, although Woodward Fire Captain Karl Harris said that two cats didn't make it out of the blaze. 

The fire was reported at about 3:12 p.m. and Harris said that the fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes. Woodward, Granger, Bouton, Madrid and Perry Fire Departments all helped out on scene. 

The owner of the home, Daniel Harless, was in his garage when the fire started and came outside when he heard his dogs barking to find his house fully engulfed in flames. Harris said that the fire originated in the dining room, but the cause of the fire will likely be indeterminable. 

"He said he didn't have any candles going or anything," Harris said. 

They did have one fire hose blow, which hit one of their firefighters, causing minor injuries.

"She got hit with a inch-and-three-quarter hose that blew," Harris said. "Got a bruise right across the ribs." 

The firefighter was treated and released at the scene by Dallas County EMS. 

*This is a developing story and the Dallas County News and The Perry Chief will continue to update this story as more details become available.