Here are some things to do around the Perry area through the next week:
1. Garage and Bake Sale: Friday, April 28 from noon until 6 p.m. and Saturday, April 29 from 8 a.m. until noon at United Methodist Church. All proceeds go to charity.
2. Perry Historic Preservation Commission Awards: Saturday, April 29 at 1:30 p.m. at Spring Valley Retirement Community. Clarence Powell, Karen Liston, Ellie Wojan and Don Strassburg will be honored with awards at the ceremony, which pays tribute to those four individuals from the Perry Community who the board has considered impactful.
3. Bond referendum vote: Tuesday, May 2 at all 34 voting precincts in Dallas County. Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Get out and vote on the future of the proposed $23 million Law Enforcement Facility. Verification of your correct polling location can be obtained via:
· Dallas County website: www.co.dallas.ia.us/government/auditor/elections
· Iowa Secretary of State website: www.sos.iowa.gov
· Calling the Dallas County Auditor's Office at (515) 993-6914